Charlie today

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, February 18, 2008

My nanny's daughter




My nanny is named Hilda. She is an amazing woman. She takes care of me while mommy works from her home office. Hilda is from Guatemala. Hilda turns 50 July 22. Hilda somehow manages to know how to work all the baby gear and make me stop crying. She teaches my mommy all of her mommy tricks (Hilda has 5 ninos). Since all of my real grandparents aren't close by, I rely on people like Hilda to take care of me. Somedays, Hilda can't come to the house, so she sends her daughter Wendy. Wendy is the only non-legal member of the family. Wendy walked 4 days barefoot across the border to get to Los Angeles. She studies English and computers at the local community college which accepts cash for her learning. Wendy (and Hilda) figure out how to clean the house and take care of the baby. They love Charlie. They buy him treats for Valentines Day and carry pictures of him on their cell phones. Wendy is working on getting legalized. Wendy also likes to go through the wardrobe I have been given and get me dressed up special everyday in fancy outfits. She takes pictures of me dressed up everyday. We are so grateful for Wendy's help and support that we hope this country will permit her to become a citizen. Here are some pictures of me and Wendy.

No comments: